Sunday, March 18, 2012

Started With A Movie

On what was going to be the last night home for my spring break I decided to spend it with my parents having fun. I woke up early and made sure I was able to see my mom off as she went to a Weight Watchers meeting. This meeting was a special one. My mom and her two friends were chosen to be video typed telling their story (my mom has lost somewhere near 55 pounds). After she left I worked a little and then took a nap because I was not feeling well. Due to health issues in my childhood I tend to not like to let people know when I am not feeling 100%. I find it does not really help anything. Not mentioning I was in a little pain was probably not the right thing to do. When my mom got home at 3 something we decided to go to COSCO and then to the movies to see the Eddie Murphy movie A Thousand Words. We were in and out of COSCO in 50 minutes and on to the movies. The whole time I noticed the pain in my side was getting worse and I was getting moodier and moodier. I, however chose to ignore this again. We got to the movies and bought our tickets (so expensive and we can't get out money back). We arrived at the movies right after the movie before us got out so we had to wait as they cleaned out the theater. We sat down in our seats and watched the theater's behind the scenes. I started to not be able to control my pain anymore. I could not get comfortable and It felt like someone was stabbing me in the side and back.  It hurt to breath. It hurt to move. It hurt to stay still. I asked my dad to rub my side but it just kept getting worse and worse. Just as the movie started (the previews) and the lights went down I could not take it anymore. I had even started getting a nauseous and that plus the mounting pain was WAY beyond my tolerance level. I tapped my dad, but right after I did I thought better of it because if I was going to get sick I would need to go in the ladies room and my dad was not the best person to help. I asked my dad to see if mom could come with me, I felt such guilt when I saw how upset she was and how much she did not want to miss anything. Mom and I got up and hobbled down the stairs, it felt like an eternity by the time we got to the door of viewing room. I had hoped that just standing up and walking around would help. It did not. A few minutes later I came to the conclusion that I would have to do what I dread, go to the hospital. My parents rushed me as fast as they could, unfortunate during the car ride since I could no longer suppress the pain I gave up on that completely and focused on suppressing my tears (I hate crying). I was not very successful. The ER was surprisingly empty and they got me in fast. A few hours and some wonderful pain meds later I was released. The diagnosis was Kidney Stones. I know a lot about Kidney stones because when I got back from Christmas break my roommate had kidney stones, I remember her putting up a good front during the day but sobbing in her sleep. I sent her a text the minute I got in the car, I wanted to tease her about giving me kidney stones ^o^ but my dad told me that was silly. I knew this but I thought it was funny. I now am not allowed to go back to school for a while and am on very high pain meds. I am however entertaining my parents while on my meds. I have noticed that shiny things catch my eyes more and I have a hard time concentrating. I'm praying this passes fast because I really like school and I want to get back soon. Mom tells me that kidney stones are a lot worse than giving birth, if this is true than giving birth should be a breeze for me!! It does still scare me though but that's years away so I wont worry about it now! My last thought before I go to sleep is that I feel really bad that my parents spent all that money to watch a movie and all they saw of it was a trailer for what I think is another Despicable Me Movie ;-(

No comments:

Post a Comment